The Saami Council has opened the call for nominations for its Honorary Award 2017. The Saami Council's Honorary Award is presented to a person, organization, association or institution in honorable recognition of their efforts for the best of the Saami People.
- strengthen the cohesiveness and sense of unity of the Saami people
- help to maintain traditions, way of life, way of thinking, language and other immaterial traditions of the Saami
- maintain and develop the above mentioned also in relation to today's society
The Honorary Award is given during the 21st Saami Conference in 2017.
Nominations will be accepted until 10.10.2016.
Send nominations to
- e-mail: saamicouncil(a)saamicouncil.net
- Sámiráđđi, Postboks 162, N-9735 Kárášjohka/Karasjok, NORWAY.
The Saami Council's Honorary Award, 1985 - 2013
1985 Áillohaš - Nils-Aslak Valkeapää
1986 Lars Pirak
1987 Iver Jåks
1988 Kathrine Johnsen
1989 Pekka Lukkari
1990 Edel Hetta Eriksen
1991 Matti Sverloff
1992 Mari Boine
1993 Nina Afanasjeva
1994 Samuli Aikio
1995 Aslak Nils Sara
1996 Ella Holm Bull
1997 Anna-Maria Blind
1998 Louise Bäckman
1999 Guoládaga sámesearvi
2000 Mikkel Isak Mathisen Oskal
2004 Nils Jernsletten ja Hans Guttorm
2008 Susanna Angéus-Kuoljok
2013 John Trygve Solbakk, Aage Solbakk, Lemet-Jon Ivvár ja Ingrid Nordal